You must clear your iCloud Account From Your iPhone before sending it to us!
To ensure the safety of your personal data, all Apple iPhone’s must have their connection to your iCloud account terminated.
There are two ways to do this, depending on whether or not your iPhone is still functioning or not.
For Apple Devices That Still Work
- Connect your iPhone to WiFi.
- Open up the settings on your iPhone.
- Select “iCloud.”
- Scroll to the very bottom and click “Sign Out.”
- You’ll have to put in your password to confirm.
For iPhone’s that don’t Work
- Use a computer to get to www.icloud.com
- Use your Apple ID or your iTunes login to access your iCloud account.
- Click on “Find My iPhone” at the very bottom of the page.
- Next, you’ll see an option that says “All Devices.” Click it.
- From here, you’ll see a list of all of the devices currently connected to your iCloud account.
- Choose the iPhone you want to remove.
- Click “Remove from Account.”
That’s it, but Please Verify Your Apple iPhone Isn’t Connected anymore to iCloud.
The last step – Please double-check that your iPhone isn’t still somehow connected to your iCloud account.
To do that, go to www.icloud.com/activationlock/ and type in your iPhone’s serial number or IMEI.
This will confirm that your device is no longer linked to an iCloud account.